For once, Black Friday was on a payday this year. Not that I ran out in a big rush with a fist full of money for Christmas shopping; groceries take priority. I did however venture out for one item for Christmas that was on sale, a play kitchen for 30.00. The rest of my shopping consisted of some good food deals I found.

In the past however, I avoided the Black Friday crowds. It sounded too scary with the cart run-overs, pushing and shoving, and who in their right mind would show up at 3:00 a.m. at Walmart for the Black Friday sales in North-cold-as-all-get-out-Platte, Nebraska? (You know I love you, for those friends that really do that) I just couldn't bring myself to that. So, I stayed around our small town of 5500 people. I ventured out at 7:30.

This is what I came up on in the Alco parking lot, assuming it would be swarming with people that early. Two cars. Mine made three. I drove over to Pamida for their canned food sale (12 cans for 5.88!) and there were a few more cars and a few more people. No waiting at the registers either! Then I drove all through town to the grocery store. It was dead. All the downtown stores were closed, hardly any cars were milling about. The grocery store had maybe four customers in the whole store.

Hmm...Black Friday shopping isn't so bad.

0 comments

//infolink script//